I’m honored to be nominated by Saintswest and WillowUnspoken for a Liebster Award! He’s a fabulous writer and has clearly found his voice, something I am still searching for. It actually means quite a bit to me because the spiritual blogger doesn’t usually get much love from the WordPress community! It is really encouraging and, for that, I thank him!
This is an award given to small bloggers to help them gain some more views and get recognized.
The rules for the award are:
• Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
• Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
• Give 11 random facts about yourself.
• Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
• Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
• Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. What are your greatest fears? I had really developed a debilitating fear of failure but I am going to step out into the unfamiliar soon (hopefully)!
2. How long have you been writing? I have been writing creatively since high school when I took a playwriting course, so about 11 years. I had stopped for awhile until God gave me a spoken word piece I used in an audition.
3. If you could travel anywhere in all of time, where would you go? Right now I really want to go to the United Arab Emirates.
4. What do you enjoy doing in your leisure time? (Apart from writing, of course) I can’t say that I get much leisure time as a stay at home mom to be honest and I guess it would be obnoxious to say reading because they are the same. I really like to go on insanely long walks if that counts!
5. What is your favorite color? I really like anything bright, particularly as far as clothing. Bright colors year around (in your face winter and fall!)
6. What is your favorite food? Fruit smoothies. My husband and I spend an outrageous amount of money on fresh fruit for my addiction.
7. What is your favorite series (book, television)? My favorite television show is probably “Bob’s Burgers”. Don’t judge me. It’s incredibly witty. I recently binged “Big Love” and liked the perspective on religion and relationships. Do I have a favorite book series? Not really, but I like the book “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn.
8. Who are the biggest influences on your writing? I listen to spoken word artists when I need a creative boost. I really like Propaganda
9. At this precise moment, what song is at the top of your playlist? Oceans by Hillsong! I listened to that song literally all day when my daughter died.
10. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Is it obnoxious to say I wouldn’t be an animal? Don’t judge me. (I accidentally “don’t judgment me” but caught my mistake)
11. What made you start writing your blog? Initially I began it to document revelation I was getting from God’s word in hopes that it would encourage someone and/or help them in their personal relationship with God. I’ve started to try to make it more personal but still Spirit based.
WillowUnspoken’s questions are:
1. Are you an open person? Why or why not? I think in my writing I am open but in every day life, not so much. I wish I had a legitimate reason to give, but alas…
2. If you could go back in time to fix a mistake of yours, what would it be, when, and why? That’s an interesting question. It hunk my mistakes have helped me learn about myself so I wouldn’t really change anything.
3. How would you describe yourself in one single word? Deep. Lol.
4. Other than a parent or guardian, who would you trust your life with? My husband.
5. If you could change one thing about this world, what would it be? I would stop believers from teaching false doctrine.
6. What is your favorite activity? Reading/Writing
7. Do you want children, or have children? I have a child.
8. When were you happiest last? I would like to think I’m happy now!
9. If any, what is a great memory that is also painful? When my daughter was born but died shortly thereafter.
10. Do you think of yourself as a hypocrite? Why or why not? I would hope not! I try to live by my belief system.
11. Do you think you can see yourself on a straight path in the next 10 years? I’m not sure what you mean by straight path. I definitely hope to be at certain point in my creative endeavors.
11 facts to exhilarate you:
1. I was vegan (but not in the animal rights sense) before my first pregnancy and I would like to go back to that.
2. Im in the book writing process and it is taking a long time.
3. If I could do anything I would minister the gospel through spoken word. I really want to minister in nontradiditonal ways.
4. I’m sitting here trying to think of something interesting and I realized I’m not that intriguing.
5. I like to give advice and encourage people.
6. I’m squirrelly about letting people watch my son.
7. I like to sleep in.
8. I do most of my writing after midnight.
9. I like to sing but don’t gave a great voice.
10. I love music.
11. When people ask me about myself I usually go blank and can’t remember anything I enjoy doing. The pressure!
I’m going to add to my list here and there because I realized most of the blogs I follow either have a lot of followers or have already been nominated.
I’ll start with
And my questions are:
1. What do you do to give yourself a pick me up if you’re having a bad day?
2. If you could have any career, what would it be?
3. If you never had to work again, how would you occupy your time?
4. Who is your favorite television character?
5. Comedy, romance, horror, action, or drama?
6. What is your least favorite movie?
7. How do you choose the blogs you follow?
8. What’s your favorite music genre?
9. What’s your favorite cartoon?
10. Cats or dogs?
11. What’s your favorite store?